5 Day Bibbulmun Hike – Donnelly River Village to Pemberton
July 12 @ 12:00 pm - July 18 @ 1:30 pm
Western Australia’s 1000km Bibbulmun Track is one of the world great long distance hiking trails. I am so proud and happy to guide people along it’s sections.
Five days on the Bibb from Donnelly River Village to Pemberton” the scenery is rugged. It’s filled with extreme beauty in thick lush forest. It promises a thrilling adventure. We have low rivers crossings and picturesque bridges. Watch your perseverance and personal strength grow, it has the power to change you. The entire trip is 7 days including travel with TransWA which participants need to book and pay.
You cannot underestimate the sense of achievement you feel and take with you.
- Friday 12th July to Thursday 18th July
- Length: 5 hiking days/4 campsites – 7 days total inc’ transport
- Distance: 108km
- Graded: Medium to hard – 4 days over 20km with regular hill climbing
- Nights: Your own tent or equally adequate shelter. We will not be depending on huts for sleeping.
- Campsites Info: Open shelter, tent area, rainwater tank, tables, drop toilet, campfire
- Weather – Possible below freezing nights, heavy rain. If the weather is severe we will stay in the hut.
Day To Day
DAY 1 – Friday 12th July 2019
Bus – TransWA service 319 – Cockburn 12.15pm to Manjimup 5.30pm
DAY 2 – Saturday 13th July 2019
Hike 16km – Donnelly River Village to Tom Road Campsite
DAY 3 – Sunday 14th July 2019
Hike 24km – Tom Road Campsite to Boarding House Campsite
DAY 4 – Monday 15th July 2019
Hike 19.7km – Boarding House Campsite to Beavis Campsite
DAY 5 – Tuesday 16th July 2019
Hike 21km – Beavis Campsite – Beedelup Campsite
DAY 6 – Wednesday 17th July 2019
Hike 24.2km – Beedelup Campsite – Pemberton
DAY 7 – Thursday 18th July 2019
Bus – TransWA service 316 – Pemberton 8.45am to Cockburn 1.30pm
Adventurous Journey Options
5 days/4 nights
Bronze Level – Practice, Qualifying, Combined
Silver Level – Practice, Qualifying, Combined
Gold Level – Practice, Qualifying
You will need to bring…
Backpack: 60 litres +
Sleeping bag -5 comfort, add liner to increase warmth
Tent or suitable shelter
Comfortable walking boots or shoes
Basic first-aid kit
- A full gear list is available on request
About Your Guide
Didier has over 15 years of experience working in mentoring roles with young people and adults in recreation, training, disabilities and mental health. In 2016 he successfully completed a solo end-to-end journey of the 1000km Bibbulmun Track. In 2012 Didier was nominated as a Finalist in the WA Disability Service Awards for his passion and work with young people in employment and training.
- One-on-one pre-hike consulting (1 hr)
- Pre-hike group shakedown (2 hrs)
- 5 days guided hiking
- Transport from Manjimup to Donnelly River Village
- Ongoing support in town/village
- You will be sleeping in your tent in Donnelly River Village, no charge to you
- Two guides
- One-on-one mentoring on trail if you request it
- Accommodation in Pemberton not included so you have the choice of staying in the accommodation you prefer. I will be staying at the comfortable and inexpensive Pemberton YHA, where you are most welcome to join me.
- Have requested that bookings be made and paid for by Participant with eligible Smartcard discounts (high school). See Day To Day for service information.
*Early Bird 15% Saving – Fully paid for by May 12, 2019. It will applied automatically.
Following your booking please notify Didier via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to cover costs and to meet the Duke Of Edinburgh Award peer participation requirements, I require a minimum of 4 fully paid bookings and Participants for the hike to run.
Thanks, Mark from The Life Of Py for allowing me to use photos.