- This event has passed.
Bibb For Beginners Overnight Hike – Helena Valley
August 17 @ 12:00 pm - August 18 @ 12:00 pm
This beginners overnight hike is a stunning 9km + 9km return journey on WA’s Bibbulmun Track, one of the worlds great long-distance hiking trails.
The hike begins where the Bibbulmun Track meets Dale and Omeo Rds, Flint.
We depart at 12pm with our overnight packs (15kg depending on your gear) and pass through beautiful forest, the track is well maintained, rugged, uneven ground at times with some climbing and down hills ready to conquer, this hike requires an average level of fitness, but no experience.
We will not be rushing, but taking in our beautiful environment, discovering any barriers if this is your first overnight hike and learning to overcome them.
Didier will utilise his hiking and mentoring experience so you can plan and complete your own group or solo hike and overcome any anxiety.
We will arrive at Beraking Campsite/shelter around 3pm. A campfire is a possibility depending on weather conditions, bring marshmallows and even heat your dinner over the fire, but always bring your hiker’s stove.
Beraking campsite sits on one of the most beautiful sections of the track, its very remote and on the edge of the Helena Valley.
- 12pm Saturday 17th August to 12pm Sunday 18th August 2019
- Location: Dale Rd/Omeo Rd, Flint
- Length: 2 days/1 campsite
- Distance: 18km
- Transport: Own transport. We will leave our vehicles overnight.
- Grade: 3
- Sleeping: Your own tent or equally adequate shelter. We will not be depending on huts for sleeping.
- Campsites Info: Open huts, tent area, rainwater tank, tables, drop toilet, campfire
- Weather – Forecast: TBA – Prepare for cold temperatures after dark & early morning. If the weather is severe we will stay in the hut.
Essentials you need
- Backpack: Large enough to fit everything
- Sleeping bag: 0 degrees comfort rating or add a liner to increase warmth
- Sleeping mat
- Tent or suitable shelter
- Comfortable walking boots or shoes
- Basic first-aid kit
- Map – Bibbulmun Track Map 1 – Darling Range
About Your Guide
Didier has over 15 years of experience working in mentoring roles with young people and adults in recreation, training, disabilities and mental health. In 2016 he successfully completed a solo end-to-end journey of the 1000km Bibbulmun Track.
**- Two person tents, backpacks, sleeping bags/liners & sleeping mats
Following your booking please notify Didier via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and phone him directly on 0410 756 065 with any questions.
4% of every booking is donated to the Bibbulmun Track Foundation.