Bibb For Beginners Overnight Hike – Mt Cuthbert
September 14 @ 12:00 pm - September 15 @ 12:00 pm
A little 24 hour but a powerful beginner overnight hike on the Bibbulmun Track and anyone who simply wants to enjoy what a late afternoon on Mt Cuthbert and a night at the Monadnocks campsite can offer.
Didier will share his hiking experience on WA’s 1000km Bibbulmun Track which he completed solo in 2016. He brings 15 years of mentoring experience in mental health, youth, and training.
Good health, average fitness, and basic gear are required.
The afternoon 8km hike from Sullivan Rock to Monadnocks Campsite packs in stunning views, rich forest, and Monadnocks a secluded and hiker favourite.
The next morning we return via the shorter former Bibbulmun Track which now acts a fire trail under Mt Cuthbert and Mt Vincent.
We will discuss
- Solo day and multi-day hiking
- The Bibbulmun Track
- Gear that is right for you
- Food for multi-day hiking
- Getting lost
- Creating your own hiking plan – yes you need one
- One-on-One mentoring if requested eg: Overcoming anxiety
- 12pm Saturday 14 September to 12pm Sunday 15 September 2019
- Location: Sullivan Rock Rest Area, Albany Hwy Mt Cooke. On your right 9km south of Jarrahdale Rd. Look for Bibbulmun Track signage on left.
- Length: 2 days/1 campsite
- Distance: 15km
- Transport: Own transport to Sullivan Rock Rest Area, contact Didier if you require help with transport. We will leave our vehicles overnight.
- Grade: 3 / 4
- Sleeping: Your own tent or equally adequate shelter. We will not be depending on huts for sleeping.
- Campsites Info: Open huts, tent area, rainwater tank, tables, drop toilet, campfire
- Weather – Forecast: TBA – Prepare for cold temperatures after dark & early morning. If the weather is severe we will stay in the hut.
Essentials you need
Backpack: Large enough to fit everything
Sleeping bag: 0 degrees comfort rating or add a liner to increase warmth
Tent or suitable shelter
Comfortable walking boots or shoes
Basic first-aid kit
Map – Bibbulmun Track Map 1 – Darling Range
A full gear list is available on request
Duke Of Edinburgh Award – This hike can only be suitable for an Adventurous Journey under specific circumstances, for instance, a barrier which would stop you from completing a longer hike.
About Your Guide
Didier has over 15 years of experience working in mentoring roles with young people and adults in recreation, training, disabilities and mental health. In 2016 he successfully completed a solo end-to-end journey of the 1000km Bibbulmun Track. In 2012 Didier was nominated as a Finalist in the WA Disability Service Awards, for his passion and work with young people in employment and training.
Following your booking please notify Didier via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and phone him directly on 0410 756 065 with any questions.
**- Two person tents, backpacks, sleepingbags/liners & sleeping mats
4% of every booking is donated to the Bibbulmun Track Foundation.
80% of all gear hire costs are donated back to the First Hike Project.